Keep Application running after Logon?

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Thank you very much for this awesome app.

I'm currently implementing it to start the Cisco VPN Client at system start up. My issue is once a connection is made and the user credentials are entered, the computer begins the log on process, then it kills the application. Is there any way to keep the application running in the background even if its not visible within the user session?
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Edited Sep 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Hi,

In the LogonApps.xml file, there are two nodes called "start" and "stop", which have a bunch of attributes within them that signify system events (service start/service stop/log on/log off/lock/unlock). Changing these values to "true" or "false" indicates whether you would like your application to "start" or "stop" when these system events are triggered.

By example in the supplied LogonApps.xml file is configured to only show your application when the Logon Screen is visible, and terminate it when it's not.

If you would like to prevent your application from terminating when the user logs on, you should change the "logon" attribute in the "stop" node to "false". You may also want to change the "display_unlock" attribute to "false" also, as this will prevent your application being closed when the user unlocks their session.

In fact - if you want your application to get launched once, and never close until the system is shutdown, you may want to set the "service_start" attribute in the "start" node to "true", and every other attribute in the "stop" and "start" nodes to "false". This should prevent Logon Screen Launcher from launching multiple instances of your application.

Let me know how you get on.

sw3103
Marked as answer by sw3103 on 9/24/2014 at 6:03 AM