Usage with networking applications

May 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Ok this launcher is super cool,
Congrats for your effort.
But i am trying to run a networking application like (chrome,Internet expoler)
and it is not working. Is this expected or not??

PS. The sample application and many others that does not
need the network are running perfectly.

Thanks,
Kostas
Coordinator
May 21, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Hi,

I'm on holiday at the moment and do not have access to my computer.

Are the browsers running, just not connecting to the internet?

If you launch a command prompt and ping an Internet address, do you get a reply?

I know networking in general works as I use this to launch my own custom apps that use network resources.

Is this a personal or company computer?

Thanks

May 22, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Edited May 22, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Hello,

I am starting the service and editing the LogonApps.xml to chrome (for testing)
(The network if fine, i can ping any address external or internal to my LAN)

The issue is that all the networking apps that i have tryied never shows up anything.'

I also created a simple program to communicate with a CORBA server but still the application boes not run
throught the Logon screen Launcher. If i run it manually works as expected.

And if i erase the code regarding CORBA and leave only the GUI it runs from Login Screen Launcher perfectly.

I will try it again once i got back home today.

PS. is this possible to happen cause i create and register the service not with the InstallUtil but
with this command?
          sc create loginserv binpath= "LogonScreenLauncher.exe" type= own start= auto
(assuming that i am on the folder where LogonScreenLauncher.exe is
located.)

Thanks,
Kostas
Coordinator
May 24, 2014 at 6:00 AM
If the service is installed and launching apps OK, I don't think it will be how you have installed it that will be the problem. It may be worth using the InstallUtil.exe method just to rule it out.

I will have test when I get back from hols. I have used this service to launch various apps that communicate on the network, and haven't seen any restrictions previously.

It might also be worth changing the logon credentials of the service to see if different accounts work.